24 hours to 8am
01 July 2012
[Source of statistics: Palestinian Monitoring Group]
Gaza – evening, Israeli Army positions behind the Green Line opened fire on farms in eastern Khan Yunis.
Jerusalem – evening, the Israeli Army demolished four Old City shops owned by local families.
Home invasions and occupation:
- 22:15 , the Israeli Army raided Al-Oja village and invaded three houses.
- 18:00, Israeli troops raided Al-Zubeidat village and invaded a home.
- 04:25-06:40 , the Israeli Army raided Al-Doha, invaded two homes left orders for two people to report to Israeli Military Intelligence.
- dawn , Israeli troops raided the Al-Duheisha refugee camp, invaded a home and took a resident prisoner.
Hebron – 13:00, two people supporting an anti-agricultural sabotage demonstration in Beit Ummar were assaulted and injured by Israeli Occupation troops. The Israeli Army also fired rubber coated bullets at protesters and a number of people were overcome by Israeli tear gas.
Occupation settler violence:
Ramallah – evening, Israeli settlers stoned passing vehicles on the Al-Jalazoun refugee camp road.
Hebron – 16:00, Israeli militants stoned vehicles in Yatta.
Palestinian attacks: none
Raids: 18 including home invasions
- 21:15-23:40 , the Israeli Army raided Silwad and Ein Yabrud.
- 03:40 , Israeli troops raided Al-Mughayer village and took a resident prisoner.
Jenin – midnight , the Israeli Army raided Nazlat Al-Sheikh Zayed village.
Tulkarem – 23:35 , Occupation troops raided Quffin village.
- 09:40, the Israeli Army raided Azzun.
- 22:00 , Israeli forces raided Immatin village.
- 00:55-05:00 , the Israeli Army raided Nablus accompanied by Occupation settlers.
- 07:00, Israeli troops raided Al-Suweisha village and photographed a mosque and several homes.
Salfit – 20:30, the Israeli Army raided Kafr Al-Dik.
- 12:15, Occupation troops raided Al-Suweisha village and prevented international activists from helping farmers plant tree on land under threat of annexation by Israel.
- 00:55 , the Israeli Army raided Hebron.
- dawn , Israeli forces raided Al-Thahiria and Al-Samu’.
Times indicated in Bold Type contribute to the sleep deprivation suffered by Palestinian children.
Restrictions of movement: 105
The Israeli Occupation’s military restrictions on Palestinian freedom covered by this category include:
- Checkpoints at the entrances to towns and villages to prevent people entering or leaving.
- Interference with people attempting to move around towns and villages.
- Cement blocks and barbed wire on roads.
- Rubble on roads.
- Farmers prohibited from going onto their land to work it.
- Road closures to isolate areas in which the Israeli Army considers the presence of Palestinians to be ‘illegal’.
- Yasser Arafat International Airport is permanently closed and Palestinians needing to enter or leave Palestine can do so only with Israeli permission.
- Interference with access to mosques and freedom of worship.
- Wall Gates. The gates in Israel’s annexation Wall, which restrict Palestinian access to their land on both sides.
- Curfews. Anyone appearing in the street or at a window is liable to be shot dead.
- Israel enforces many of the above restrictions with the threat, or actual use, of military action as well as personal physical assault. Thus, Palestinians are faced with an all-pervasive and constant state of Israeli violence towards them.
Hebron – Israeli Occupation forces continue to enforce a military order prohibiting Palestinian vehicles from using Shalala Old Street and allowing only Israeli civilian and military vehicles on the road.
Palestine Human Rights Campaign