24 hours to 8am
24 April 2014
[Source of statistics: Palestinian Monitoring Group]
Hebron – 11:30, the Israeli Army invaded Beit Ummar farmland, uprooted fruit trees and conducted a military training exercise in the area.
Northern Gaza – afternoon, an Israeli drone strike injured two children and four adults in Beit Lahiya.
Northern Gaza –
- afternoon, Israeli tanks positioned behind the Green Line shelled Beit Hanun farmland.
- afternoon, the Israeli Navy opened fire on Palestinian fishing boats off north-west Beit Lahiya and took prisoner two fishermen.
Gaza – dawn, Israeli gunboats opened fire on Palestinian fishing boats off the al-Shate refugee camp.
Khan Yunis – morning, the Israeli Army shot its way onto al-Qarara farmland and bulldozed crops.
Rafah – evening the Israeli Navy opened fire on Palestinian fishing boats.
Home invasions and occupation:
Jerusalem – 08:00, the Israeli Army raided Kafr Aqab and invaded an apartment building.
- 01:20-03:00 , Israeli troops raided al-Nabi Saleh, invaded several homes, took two people prisoner and detained a National Security Force officer.
- 04:00 , the Israeli Army raided the al-Jalazoun refugee camp and abducted a 17-year-old youth, Alaa Safi.
- 14:30, Occupation troops raided Jalbun village, invaded a home and tagged six homes threatened by Israel's annexation Wall.
- 02:00 , the Israeli Army raided Za’tara village, invaded two homes and ordered a person to report for interrogation at Israeli Military Intelligence.
Tubas – 03:45-05:00 , one person was injured when Israeli forces raided the Far’ata refugee camp and searched two homes. Two people were taken prisoner.
- 09:30, the Israeli Army raided Beit Fajjar and invaded a home.
- 01:35 , Occupation forces raided Beit Fajjar and raided a home.
- 10:30, the Israeli Army raided Yatta and invaded two homes.
- 23:00 , Israeli troops raided Um-Rish village and searched a home.
- 03:00-06:00, the Israeli Army raided Deir Samit village, searched several homes, took prisoner eight residents and ordered four people to report for interrogation at Israeli Military Intelligence.
Israeli Army violence:
Jerusalem – 18:30, the Israeli Army fired stun and tear gas grenades at people in the Wadi al-Juz district.
Jericho – 17:30, Israeli forces set up a checkpoint at the Dead Sea road junction, beating up and injuring four people, Bassam Tubasi, Bassam Ghawawdeh, Jamal Tubasi and Mohammad Tubasi, and damaging their car. Two other people were taken prisoner.
Hebron – Israeli forces abducted a 16-year-old youth, Ra’fat Awad, when he presented himself for interrogation.
Occupation settler violence:
Salfit – 15:20, settler militants raided Qarwat Bani Hassan farmland and damaged olive and other fruit trees.
Palestinian missile attacks:
Northern Gaza – 3 missiles fired towards the Green Line.
Raids: 19 including home invasions
Jerusalem – 08:00, settler militants, escorted by Israeli troops, invaded the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound and molested worshippers.
Jenin – 03:15 , the Israeli Army raided Jenin.
Qalqiliya – 22:00 , Israeli troops raided Azun.
- midnight , the Israeli Army raided Tel village.
- 03:10 , Occupation troops raided eastern Nablus.
Bethlehem – 09:40, the Israeli Army raided Beit Sahur.
- dawn , Israeli forces raided Beit Ummar and took one person prisoner.
- 21:00 , the Israeli Army raided Beit Ummar and took another person prisoner.
- 10:15, Occupation forces raided al-Urub.
Times indicated in Bold Type contribute to the sleep deprivation suffered by Palestinian children.
Restrictions of movement: 117
The Israeli Occupation’s military restrictions on Palestinian freedom covered by this category include:
- Checkpoints at the entrances to towns and villages to prevent people entering or leaving.
- Interference with people attempting to move around towns and villages.
- Cement blocks and barbed wire on roads.
- Rubble on roads.
- Farmers prohibited from going onto their land to work it.
- Road closures to isolate areas in which the Israeli Army considers the presence of Palestinians to be ‘illegal’.
- Yasser Arafat International Airport is permanently closed and Palestinians needing to enter or leave Palestine can do so only with Israeli permission.
- Interference with access to mosques and freedom of worship.
- Wall Gates. The gates in Israel’s annexation Wall, which restrict Palestinian access to their land on both sides.
- Curfews. Anyone appearing in the street or at a window is liable to be shot dead.
- Israel enforces many of the above restrictions with the threat, or actual use, of military action as well as personal physical assault. Thus, Palestinians are faced with an all-pervasive and constant state of Israeli violence towards them.
Hebron – Israeli Occupation forces continue to enforce a military order prohibiting Palestinian vehicles from using Shalala Old Street and allowing only Israeli civilian and military vehicles on the road.
Palestine Human Rights Campaign