24 hours to 8am
24 June 2014
[Source of statistics: Palestinian Monitoring Group]
Armed Palestinian resistance:
Gaza – afternoon, an Israeli Army vehicle came under fire in East Gaza and the Israeli Army responded by opening fire on nearby homes and farmland.
Northern Gaza – dawn, the Israeli Navy opened fire on Palestinian fishing boats off al-Sudaniya in West Beit Lahiya.
Home invasions and occupation:
- 19:00, the Israeli Army raided Bir Nabala and searched a home and a vehicle repair shop.
- 23:40 , Israeli troops raided al-Eizariya and invaded a home and a shop.
- 03:30 , the Israeli Army raided Biddu and invaded a home.
Ramallah – 02:40 , Occupation troops searched two homes.
- 04:00 , the Israeli Army raided Siris village, searched three homes and ordered a person to report for interrogation at Israeli Military Intelligence.
- dawn , Israeli forces raided Araba and vandalised the interior of a home while searching it. One person was taken prisoner.
- dawn , the Israeli Army raided Bir al-Basha village and vandalised the interior of a home while searching it. Occupation troops later made off with a farm tractor.
- midnight , Occupation forces raided Far’un and searched a home.
- 00:45-04:00 , the Israeli Army raided Tulkarem and searched two homes.
Qalqiliya – 01:40-04:20 , Israeli troops raided Kafr Laqif village, searched several homes and took five people prisoner.
- 01:05-04:35 , the Israeli Army raided Madma village, searched several homes, occupied a local school for use as a military post, interrogated several residents, assaulting one of them, and took one villager prisoner.
- 02:35 , Occupation troops raided Tel village, invaded several homes and took a university student prisoner.
Salfit – 21:00 , the Israeli Army raided Iskaka village and searched a home.
- 11:00, Israeli forces raided al-Jub’a village and searched several homes, a well and local caves. Before withdrawing, the Israeli Army carried out a survey of local farmland.
- 16:00-20:20, the Israeli Army raided Nahalin village, searched several homes and took a person prisoner.
- 21:20-23:00 , Occupation forces raided Za’tara and searched several homes.
- 23:10 , the Israeli Army raided Harmala village, searched several homes and and took two people prisoner.
- 02:00-05:10 , Israeli troops equipped with assault dogs raided Bethlehem, al-Aaza and the al-Aida refugee camp and searched several homes. One person, Ibrahim Al-Nashash, was bitten by an Israeli Army dog and hospitalised and two people were taken prisoner.
- 08:00, the Israeli Army raided Nuba, Kharis, Beit Ulla and Tarqumiya, searched several homes and shops, took away CCTV recordings – examined several wells and conducted a survey of local land.
- 08:00, Occupation troops raided Halhul, Haska and Khirbeit Ihsa, searched several homes and bulldozed crops while destroying a well and an irrigation network. The Israeli Army then occupied a home for use as a military post and interrogation centre and took two people prisoner.
- 14:40, the Israeli Army raided Ithna, invaded the home of a person who had been released in the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange and issued his family with an order to demolish their home.
- 15:00, Israeli forces raided Surif and searched a home.
- 18:00, the Israeli Army raided Dura and searched two homes.
- 18:00-23:20 , Occupation forces raided Beit Kahil, searched a home and detained a resident.
- 20:35, the Israeli Army raided Halhul, searched several homes, interrogated a resident and injured another, Jihad Abu Samiya, who was admitted to hospital. Another home was occupied and its roof used as a sniper post.
- 00:30 , Israeli troops raided al-Samou’ and searched several homes.
- 00:30 , the Israeli Army raided Beit Awa and searched several homes.
- 00:30 , Occupation troops raided Hebron, and used explosives to blast their way into a home to search it. Several other homes and shops were also searched.
Palestinian attacks: none
Raids: 55 including home invasions
- 09:30, settler militants, escorted by Israeli troops and police, invaded the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound and molested worshippers.
- 21:00 ,the Israeli Army raided al-Issawiya and took a person prisoner.
- 10:40, Israeli troops raided the area between Deir Dibwan and Ramoun.
- 10:40, the Israeli Army invaded Beitunya, raided an agricultural tractor business, took one person prisoner and took away a computer.
- 21:55-02:00 , Occupation troops raided Sinjil.
- 23:30 , the Israeli Army raided Ramallah.
- 20:40, Israeli forces raided Jit village and ordered a person to report for interrogation at Israeli Military Intelligence.
- 02:30 , the Israeli Army raided Qalqilya.
- 21:00 , Occupation forces raided Qusin village.
- 22:50 , the Israeli Army raided Nablus.
Salfit – 01:15-02:35 , Israeli troops raided Hares village.
Jericho – 12:30 and again at 01:00 , the Israeli Army raided al-Oja.
Bethlehem – 19:30-22:10 , Occupation troops raided the area between Husan and Nahalin and conducted a survey of the area.
- 21:00 , Israeli forces raided the Old City Jabal Juhar area, destroyed a livestock shelter and ordered the closure of an electronic appliance shop.
- 23:00 , the Israeli Army raided the villages of Karza, Abu Assaja , al-Bureij and al-Qal’a villages and conducted a survey of the areas.
Times indicated in Bold Type contribute to the sleep deprivation suffered by Palestinian children.
Restrictions of movement: 118
The Israeli Occupation’s military restrictions on Palestinian freedom covered by this category include:
- Checkpoints at the entrances to towns and villages to prevent people entering or leaving.
- Interference with people attempting to move around towns and villages.
- Cement blocks and barbed wire on roads.
- Rubble on roads.
- Farmers prohibited from going onto their land to work it.
- Road closures to isolate areas in which the Israeli Army considers the presence of Palestinians to be ‘illegal’.
- Yasser Arafat International Airport is permanently closed and Palestinians needing to enter or leave Palestine can do so only with Israeli permission.
- Interference with access to mosques and freedom of worship.
- Wall Gates. The gates in Israel’s annexation Wall, which restrict Palestinian access to their land on both sides.
- Curfews. Anyone appearing in the street or at a window is liable to be shot dead.
- Israel enforces many of the above restrictions with the threat, or actual use, of military action as well as personal physical assault. Thus, Palestinians are faced with an all-pervasive and constant state of Israeli violence towards them.
Hebron – Israeli Occupation forces continue to enforce a military order prohibiting Palestinian vehicles from using Shalala Old Street and allowing only Israeli civilian and military vehicles on the road.
Palestine Human Rights Campaign